Thursday, October 18, 2012

Vision Board

Do you know what my vision is???

TO GET OUT OF THIS BOX I LIVE IN - DOWNSIZING IS NOT WORKING FOR ME!!
(I will blog about this later)

Anyways! When I am not at the salon I am in my home office, either painting or blogging or pinning - 
OK, Let's just say on the computer!

I have so many things that run through my head that I will sit here and stare at this wall...


I've been wanting to do a vision dream board and I thought this would be the perfect place to put one. Then I can put all the things I dream about (Realistically). We are hoping to buy a new house by summer and I plan on using this dream board to keep me on track. When I go to do online shopping (which I do often) I can look at my dream board and be reminded of what's more important. 

I have a 40% off coupon to Hobby Lobby (I know here I go again). So, I made a trip to buy my dream board supplies. Cheaply that is!!

I picked up a cork board, push pins, spray adhesive, a wall decal and a yard of fabric. My goal is to do my office/craft room in French Vintage so I might as well start now so I will have it for my new home.


I bought a 24 X 36 Cork board so it would be big enough to go above my desk.


I really wanted to by a piece of cork and put a custom frame around it but it was more then I was willing to spend at this time...(I'm proud I made that decision, first cut back towards by goal to save money)

I painted the wood of the cork board black and sprayed adhesive on the cork and covered it with the piece of fabric. All I have to say about spray adhesive is "HOLY STICKY". This is the first time I used it and it works like a charm but tacky tacky tacky!!!

I am really happy with how my dream board turned out so far.


I wanted to add some kind of encouraging words to put on the board. I thought of buying wood letters and attaching the word, "Believe" to the cork board. I gathered up the letters and was walking through the store and saw the perfect saying to go with my dream board.


Isn't it perfect???

Here's how it looks above the desk...

(NEXT: Re-doing the top of the desk)

It all fits perfectly just like I visioned and that does not happen too often. I went on Pinterest made collages of some of my favorite decorating ideas, and some home ideas I just love, and pinned them to my dream board. I do believe this will truly inspire me to keep my dreams on track.


Wow! What a big difference the dream board has made.


I look forward to keeping you all informed how well this works for me. 

So, far not so good!!!


I couldn't help myself, I saw this bag and absolutely fell in LOVE with it. Tell me you could have walked away from this beautiful bag???

Ok...Ok!!! My dream board goals start NOW!!

HOW DO YOU KEEP YOURSELF ON TRACK WITH YOUR DREAMS?
(They can come true)




Daylight Saving Time countdown banner Christmas countdown banner

9 comments:

  1. Very cool idea! And I love that fabric you chose :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today...I'm your newest GFC follower! Make sure to come back tonight around 7 to join my weekly link party, Keep Calm & Link Up!! xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dream board turned out beautifully, Denyse. I love the fabric that you chose. It's really pretty hanging above your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...having trouble leaving a comment lately? Let's try it again...anyhow...love the vision board and your quote above it. I rarely sit at my desk anymore...usually have my laptop while I'm sitting in my recliner or hammock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!!

    My best wishes that your dreams come true and you get your own home. It's awesome to make your space YOUR space without having to get permission. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for partying with us @ Keep Calm & Link Up this week! Have a nice weekend!! xo, Meredith @

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dream board! Looks great!

    New follower here... Loving your blog!

    XO,
    Kenz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dream board. Thanks for sharing at the Curb Alert! Block Party. I think we all slip a little here and there but what a cute way you have thought of to keep on track!
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fabric is so perfect for your board! Very inspirational. Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved