Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Warrior

I need to get my butt in gear and get going on my home re-do...I'm such a slacker...but with good reason...I take online classes (3 of them) and trying to study for my HR Certification...It is quite overwhelming some days...it was so much easier for me to just toss things aside...

WELLLLL...I can tell you that was not working to well for me...especially for someone with OCD...I have to have things lined up and placed in certain positions...and tossing things aside was just putting me in deeper depression....enough is enough already...I had to snap myself out of it....and what a good time to start...

My daughter was visiting all last week and when I walked into my room on Saturday after she left this is what I saw...~crying~

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? If you know me you know this is not right...(head slap)...I need to go get my head out of my behind and once I do we will get started...

I did a little shopping and emptied some of the stuff on my bed...Yep!! exactly where it belongs...NOT!!!


Since it is already a mess...I will just take everything off the dresser and pile it on my bed..."Oh dear"...where is the top of my dresser????

The best way to clean the dresser is to take EVERYTHING off...wipe it down and clean the mirror (water & vinegar is the best mirror/window cleaner...EVER)..."sparkles"...

I love perfume and I like to keep it in a neat order on my dresser on a mirror but this hideous one HAS to go...it's so 80"s (so over it)...lol

I found this adorable mirror and it's the same size as my old one...I found it on sale at one of my favorite stores (well one of many)...Kirklands...you can't beat 9.99 and it matches my decor' much better than the "gold" one...which I'll have to find another use for...(any ideas?)


Now let's see how my perfume bottles will look????

Ahhhh Perfect!!!!!

Time to get everything off the bed and put it away and put the dresser back together...I think I found my bed...LOL!!! It's always a good feeling to have a nice clean bed...I love walking in my bedroom when the bed is made... (better get them night stands done..~eye roll~)

Shoes are put away (that's another organizational re-do)...shopping bags tossed...bed made and look at the dresser....I feel whole again!!! I have rediscovered my favorite place to relax ;)


WERE YOU A WEEKEND WARRIOR???



5 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I'm your newest follower from the Boost your Blog hop. Good job! :) Look forward to future posts!

    Feel free to check out my blog here: http://inadaze13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna! Welcome to my Crazy Beautiful Life I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I enjoy creating it. I will step over and visit you as well!

    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we moved here to the Love Shack...I totally redid my dresser top. I use to have a lot of STUFF on top, including larger lamps...but I got rid of them all and put all the jewelry away in my top drawer. So much easier to maintain now. Here's my links for when I blogged about my process ;)
    http://con-tain-it.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/06/metamorphosis-monday-third-time-is-a-charm.html#tp

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, New follower came through blog hop...you can visit me at http://seemask.blogspot.com
    http://potspansandspices.blogspot.com
    http://cakes4ralloccasion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roberta! Your dresser looks great and I love your bedroom furniture :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved