Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stop the Insanity...

You read that right…”Stop the insanity”…JUNK MAIL!!!
How is a person suppose to keep organized when our postal carrier fills our mail boxes every day with nothing but junk mail…Makes you wonder how many trees we kill a day…And, if you are like me you don’t even look at it…you walk in the house and file it in the “Never to see again” trashcan…
And, can anyone tell me why the carrier insists on shoving so much mail in the mailbox that you could lose a finger trying to get it out…Especially when you live in a townhome community and your mailbox is only about 6 inches wide…I’m about to chain a garbage can to the tree by the mailbox for all the crap that gets shoved in there…
I don’t know about you but I get tired of getting this ALL the time…

Oh and the advertisements….Makes me just want to scream…If we could only return to sender and clog up their mailboxes….

I’ve been trying to find a way to eliminate some of the junk I get and I wanted share the info with you…So you can “Stop the insanity” or at least join my frustration and try!!!
Here’s an ENVIRONMENTAL FACT: Stopping junk mail benefits the environment by greatly reducing deforestation and the consumption of other resources used to produce junk mail – reducing global warming…
Like 41pounds says: Reclaim you mailbox!!! Their service stops 80-95% of unwanted catalogs and junk mail...There is a fee and they donate $15 of that fee to a non-profit organization of your choice…What a better way to stop the 41 lbs of junk mail you get and donate to your favorite non-profit…
You can request to stop receiving mail from individual companies within each category—or from an entire category at once… If you receive credit card offers, catalogs, magazine offers, and other Mail Offers…You can remove your name by visiting DMAChoice…It’s FREE!!!
Stop the junk mail is another good site but they do have a small yearly fee but they will also plant a tree in American forests to help regenerate our Forests!! 
Another great way to stop all the headaches (known as bills) cluttering up your mailbox go PAPERLESS…Pay your bills online and sign up for e-statements from your bank…
BUT, if you would like to be imaginative with your junk mail you can make glitter mail snowflakes…I have to give indiefixx credit for being so creative with her junk mail
HOW DO YOU STOP THE INSANITY???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved